Sunday

Black and White Thesis Illustrations







"Descent to the Zenith"
“Ritual Knife”
“Flying Ointment”
“Drawing Down the Moon”
“Divination”
“Cottage Witch”
“The Horned One”

I have always been a much bigger fan of black and white art than I have color work. For everyone else who shares my tastes, here are the original black and white versions of the 7 main pieces from my year long thesis project. My thesis was an investigation into witchcraft, paganism, and the occult. The final colorized versions of these pieces all came out well, but there is something about the black and white versions that doesn’t come across in the color versions.

All of these pieces were produced between August and December of 2013. They are all 12”x18” mixed media on illustration board or paper.

Digital prints of all these pieces are available at www.etsy.com/shop/workweak

No comments:

Post a Comment